|Overview||User Guide||FAQ||Your Lists||Download|
Personal Information does not include summarized, anonymized, or other non-personally identifiable information. Summarized information includes, for example, information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable. Anonymized information includes, for example, information from which individual identities are removed.
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information that you provide to us in a variety of ways, including:
- Account Information: Our Services give you the ability to associate your information with a specific email address and, optionally, a password. We collect the Personal Information you provide to us in the course of creating and updating your account.
- List Information: When you use our Services, we collect information about the lists you create and the items you put on these lists.
- Product Scans: When you take a photo of a product using our Services (for example, to scan a barcode), we may collect this information.
- Email Newsletters: We may periodically send email newsletters. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your email address.
- Correspondence: If you contact us by email, using a contact form, or by telephone, mail, fax, or other means, we may collect the information contained within, and associated with, your correspondence.
Information We Gather Automatically
When you use our Services, we may collect some information automatically, including:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the dates and times of your use of our Services;
- your web browser type and version;
- the type of device from which you are accessing our Services;
- an advertising identifier associated with your mobile device, if any;
- the website that referred you to our website (by clicking on a link);
- the actions you take in the course of your use of our Services;
- the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Services;
- your interaction with email messages we send you, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
We may collect this information passively using standard technologies including server logs, browser cookies, and transparent images (also known as web beacons).
We may collect information about the general location of your mobile device when you use our Services. Your mobile device’s operating system may give you the option of enabling or disabling the collection of location information.
How We Use Your Information
Our primary use of your information is to provide the best possible service to you. We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide the services and information you request;
- for creation of, updates to, and access to your account;
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Services;
- to communicate with you;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent fraudulent use of our Services or other systems;
- to prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in violation of applicable law;
- to provide and customize advertisements and other aspects of your experience using our Services;
- to maintain a record of our dealings with you;
- to provide you with information and offers from us or others that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including advertisements, coupons, or other information about products or services offered by us or others.
We may use your Personal Information to send you emails we believe may be of interest to you, such as periodic newsletters about our Services. You may opt out of receiving any such emails by unsubscribing: Simply follow the instructions in any such email.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Sharing Lists: Our Services allow you to share your lists with other users of the Services, and send your lists by email, SMS, or other messaging system. Please be aware that any Personal Information you include in such lists will be made available to the recipients that you choose. You do so at your own risk. Even if you subsequently remove this information from our Services, the recipients may have stored or copied this information.
- Service Providers: We contract with other companies and individuals to perform certain services on our behalf. To the extent these third parties have a legitimate need to access your Personal Information in order to complete their work, we will ensure they are contractually obligated to use this information only for the contracted work and for no other purpose.
- Business Transfers: Information essential to our Services, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or similar event in which your Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as part of our business assets.
- Investigations: We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe that doing so is legally required, or is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of our Services and other users of our Services.
In addition, we may provide non-personally identifiable information (i.e. not your Personal Information) relating to your location, items on your lists, your interactions with our Services, your mobile device and other identifiers, mobile device model, IP address, etc. to our third party advertising partners (for example, Google, Apple, Yahoo!) in order to (i) retrieve and display targeted advertisements to you in connection with your use of our Services, and (ii) analyze the information for commercial purposes.
How We Protect Your Information
We use various security measures to help protect your information from accidental loss, disclosure, and misuse. These measures include review of our system logs, off-site backups, data encryption, and security software. However, no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect. You transmit information and use our Services at your own risk.
Where Your Information Is Stored
Our servers are located, and your information is stored, in the United States of America. If you choose to use our Services from outside the U.S.A., then please be aware that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your country and into the U.S.A. for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of our Services, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing in the U.S.A. You should be aware that the privacy and data security laws of the U.S.A. may in some cases provide fewer protections than those of your own country.
This policy was last updated May 27, 2015.
Copyright © 2018 HeadCode